AIMC (Automotive Multimedia Interface Collaboration) or the Automotive Multimedia Interface Collaboration is a world organization in charge or provide a standard for automotive companies in building interfaces (interfaces) multimedia vehicle that will be produced by the auto manufacturers.
Multimedia system that is in automotive systems include the system of the vehicle itself, the vehicle systems are connected to the mobile system, and entertaiment system (entertainment) that is in the car.
The Automotive Multimedia Interface Collaboration (AMIC) was established in October 1998 with the aim to develop a set of common specifications for multimedia interface to the electronics systems of motor vehicles to accommodate a variety of computer-based electronic devices in the vehicle. This initiative-the founder of Daimler-Chrysler, Ford, General Motors, Renault and Toyota – now groups all the major auto makers, and thus provide new strategic opportunities to achieve a common set of car industry.
Some of the companies involved in the organization of the AIM-C. They can be divided into two types, namely its automotive companies (Vehicle Corporation) and enterprise support (Support Corporation).
Which is becoming Vehicle Corporation, among others:
FIAT, Ford Motor Company
– General Motors
– PSA Peugeot Citroen
Advantages and Disadvantages of AMI-C
• Provide interface standard, allowing a driver of a vehicle (car) can use other devices through a variety of media, computers, communication devices of the navigation system and handsfreeyang commonly used in cellular phones, including the introduction of voice synthesis function for short range communications for the dedicated communication a short distance (DSRC) system for a vehicle to infrastructure communications and car systems such as airbags, door locks and diagnostic input / output.
• Improve the various options that can be used by the user and also to reduce the vehicle’s electronic system obsolescence.
• Cutting costs incurred for the entire vehicle and equipment information hidubran by increasing the size of the market that is effective and shorten the development time effective automotive industry. Because the more the number of vehicles that often contain a variety of custom developed components and platfor typical only about 50,000 units.
• Offer open standards and specifications for the interface information in the vehicle and between the vehicle and the outside world.
Disadvantages of AMI-C
• The selling price of the vehicle to be expensive because the system that created the result of collaboration between the various manufacturers.
• Media presented quite a lot so it takes time to get used in the operation.
• Enlarge the possibility of negligence in using the system so as to cause an accident.… Read More